- ½ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 large egg (well beaten) (you can substitute half of a banana)
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose or wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken livers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together and gradually add the chicken livers. The more you add, the messier and stickier the cookie becomes. For a less sticky cookie, add less vegetable oil.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- On a floured board roll out dough about ½ thick (use extra flour if needed)
- Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out shapes. Alternatively you can just make drop cookies using a spoon or break off pieces and roll into small balls and flatten with the palm of your hand or a floured spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, turn off the oven and leave the cookies in for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one-week or freeze for up to two months.
Hope your pups like them. My dogs could not get close enough to the oven while they were cooking.