So this recipe is a variation on a classic Oatmeal Raisin cookie. But since raisins are considered toxic for dogs, we are substituting cranberries. I hope you dogs love them as much as mine do.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole oats
- 2 large eggs (you can substitute one banana)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 4 ounce package of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, honey, cranberries and broth in a small bowl to blend, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until completely combined. The mixture should have roughly the texture of cookie dough.
- Place the dough onto a large cutting board and with your hands, form it into a big ball, and roll it out to about 1/2” thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to form shapes. If you do not have a cookie cutter, you can use a shot glass or a bottle cap (depending on the size of the cookie you want)
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until hard and beginning to brown.
- Cool completely, and seal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.