Apple Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
It is apple picking season in New England so I thought I would post my favorite Apple cookie recipe. Hope you like it! I know my pups do. And the best part is you do not even need to use a mixer.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 to 3 apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Peel, core and chop apple(s) into small pieces. (You can also use a blender or food processor but I like more of a chunk of apple rather than a paste.) I often make these when I have apples that may go bad. So rather than waste them, I use them for dog cookies which is why there is a range of 1 to 3 apples. So basically you need at least one and more than three might be too much.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix into a thick paste. Add more water if needed
- Spoon on to cookie sheet to make a drop cookie. You can flatten them if you like or leave them in drops.
- Bake for 30 minutes. For crunchier cookies, turn off the oven and let them cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Store in a seal-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one-week or freeze them for up to two months.
Depending on the size of the “drop” you will get between 36 and 48 cookies.