Apple Crisp Dog Treat – Yum!
As we enter into apple picking season I thought it was fitting to post a dog treat that takes advantage of the bountiful fall apples!
- 2 Cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 Cups of all purpose flour
- 2-4 chopped or grated apples of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or spray with cooking spray
- Optional: Line cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper (this just makes it easier to cut but it is not essential)
- Cut or shred apples. I use a box grater (the largest cut) which filters out the skin. If cutting apples, peel first.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- When everything is combined, spread the mixture onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and using a knife, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Turn off oven and put the cookie sheet back into the oven to crisp for another hour
- Remove cookies from oven
- Peel and break them off the wax paper is you used it or just remove them from the sheet,
- Store in seal tight container in fridge.