Best Liver Treats Recipe
This recipe is a real dog pleaser; not so much for the cook. The first time I made these I wanted to throw out the food processor rather than clean it. But for those of you that don’t hate liver as much as I do, try this recipe. Your dogs will love it.
Best Liver Treats
1 pound of beef liver
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of all purpose or rice flour
2 eggs (If your dog is allergic to eggs, you can substitute one banana)
10-12 cloves of garlic
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Puree liver and garlic in a food processor (or blender). Add eggs, and all flour.
- Grease cookie sheet pan and spread mixture onto the greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Store in a seal tight container in the refrigerator.
- Because they have no preservatives, they have a shelf life of one-week. You can freeze them for up to two months.