Chester’s Favorite Grilled Meatloaf Recipe
Chester is three months “post TPLO surgery” this weekend, so I thought he deserved a special treat today. So I made his favorite grilled meatloaf. It is really quite good and I generally make it for me and share with the pups.
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef or sirloin
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup of milk (I use skim milk because that is what I drink and have around)
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of mustard (I use yellow but any will do)
- 2 Teaspoons of Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons of ketchup or tomato sauce
- Pre-heat grill on medium for about 10 minutes
- Cut or tear the bread into small pieces
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except the ketchup)
- Layer two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (large enough to contain the meatloaf)
- Spray the top sheet with PAM or other cooking spray.
- Form the meatloaf in to a long log (about 5 by 8 inches)
- Slather the ketchup or tomato sauce on the top of the meatloaf)
- Place meatloaf on the foil and fold up the edges to make a very strong package
- Place meatloaf on the grill (still on medium heat), close the grill top and cook for 35 minutes
- Turn the meatloaf over and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Remove the foil and let it rest for another 5 minutes
- Slice and serve
Your pups will love you!