Cowboy Cookout Hearty Dog Cookies Recipe
As the days get cooler here in New England, my pups are just begging for a heartier cookie. So today we made some bigger cookies made with Merrick’s Cowboy Cookout canned dog food. At Raising Healthy Dogs, we are big fans of the Merrick canned dog food, especially now that I discovered it makes a great dog cookie.
- 2 3/4 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Non-fat powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 6 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 13.2 ounce can of Merrick’s Cowboy Cookout canned dog food. If you do not have any Cowboy Cookout dog food, any can of dog food will do
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Knead for 3 minutes
- Roll out dough to 1-inch thick
- Use a large cookie cutter (3-inches or larger) and place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- For a crunchier cookie, turn off heat and leave in over for another 15-30 minutes
- Cool cookies on a wire rack
- Store cookies in a seal-tight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.
I hope your pups enjoy these as much as mine do.