Easy Liver Dog Cookie Recipe
So now that I have found Liver Powder, I thought it would be good to come up with an easy Liver Powder recipe. Chef Riley and my two dogs give this recipe four paws up!
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 large egg (well beaten) (you can substitute half of a banana)
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of liver powder
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together. If you have a stand mixer, put in the dough hook and set it on low for about 3 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- On a floured board roll out dough about ½ thick (use extra flour if needed)
- Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out shapes. Alternatively you can just make drop cookies using a spoon or break off pieces and roll into small balls and flatten with the palm of your hand or a floured spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, turn off the oven and leave the cookies in for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in seal tight containers for up to three months.
I hope your pups like these.