Grammy’s Pot Pie Dog Cookies Recipe
So if your dog has never had Merrick’s Grammy’s Pot Pie they do not know what they are missing. I found this product eight or nine years ago when my old girl Molly would not eat. Someone told me that if they won’t eat anything else, they WILL eat Grammy’s Pot Pie. So if you want to make a cookie your dog will just sit up and beg for, try these.
Grammys Pot Pie Dog Cookie
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 large egg (well beaten) (you can substitute half of a banana)
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One 13.2 can of Grammys Pot Pie dog food
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together and gradually add the Grammy’s Pot Pie dog food. The more you add, the messier and stickier the cookie becomes. For a less sticky add less vegetable oil or more flour.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- On a floured board roll out dough about ½ thick (use extra flour if needed)
- Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out shapes. Alternatively you can just make drop cookies using a spoon or break off pieces and roll into small balls and flatten with the palm of your hand or a floured spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, turn off the oven and leave the cookies in for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one-week or freeze for up to two months.
Hope your pups like them. My dogs could not get close enough to the oven while they were cooking.
Merrick Grammy’s Pot Pie Dog Food 13.2 oz (Pack of 12)