Limited Ingredient Bison Dog Treat Recipe
With the holidays approaching, Chef Riley stopped by to remind us that dogs, like people can become allergic to certain foods and start itching and scratching shortly after eating foods they have commonly eaten before.
So Chef Riley came up with a recipe that is sure to please your pup and if they are suffering from allergies this reduced ingredient recipe might be just what they need.
The recipe calls for Teff flour but if your dog has no food allergies or intolerance, you can substitute all purpose flour, wheat flour, Buckwheat or Rice Flour. Even if your dog has no dietary restrictions, they will love this recipe so give it a try!
- 3 Cups Teff flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces of fresh or frozen Bison or you can substitute 1 13.2 ounce can of Natural Balance Bison and Sweet Potato canned dog food
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Knead for 3 minutes
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick
- Use a cookie cutter and place cookies on an greased baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- For a crunchier cookie, turn off heat and leave in oven for another 15-30 minutes
- Cool cookies on a wire rack
- Store cookies in a seal-tight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.
I hope your pups enjoy these as much as mine do.