Love Potion Number 9 Dog Cookie
So if you are a Raising Healthy Dog Reader, you know I love to bake cookies for my pups. So many of the commercial dog treats are loaded with fat, sodium and extra calories. By making your own cookies, you will have better control of the quality of the ingredients. A friend told me about a canned dog food which she thought would make a good cookie…she was right” . Merrick’s Love Potion Number 9 is awesome! It contains beef, potatoes and apples.
- 2 3/4 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Non-fat powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 13.2 ounce can of Merrick’s Love Potion Number 9 canned dog food.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Knead for 3 minutes
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick
- Use a large cookie cutter (3-inches or larger) and place cookies on an greased baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- For a crunchier cookie, turn off heat and leave in oven for another 15-30 minutes
- Cool cookies on a wire rack
- Store cookies in a seal-tight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.
I hope your pups enjoy these as much as mine do.