Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Cookies Recipe
Did you ever wonder what to do with those bananas that are about to go bad? Sure you could make that old standby, banana bread but why not make cookies for your dog. They will be glad you did!
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 to 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon of honey (if you do not have honey substitute 1 tablespoon brown sugar)
- 1 cup of whole wheat (or other all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 300
- Grease or use a non-stick spray on cookie sheet
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, banana and honey is a large bowl
- Mash it all together with a potato masher
- Add the flour and wheat germ to the mashed mixture
- Roll it into a dough then place it on a floured board so you can cut out cookie shapes. (If you are lazy like me or short of time, just take a small piece of dough and form a small ball then flatten it with the palm of your hand or a floured spatula)
- Bake for 30 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, turn off the oven and leave cookies in for another 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and wait until cool before serving to pups.
- Store in a seal-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to two months
Makes about 2 dozen cookies