Protein-Free Apple Dog Treat Recipe
For dogs that are allergic to protein, finding treats at a reasonable price can be difficult. Why not bake your own?
For anyone looking for a very easy, tasty, protein-free dog treat, Chef Riley says this recipe is for you.
- 2 cups of whole oats (old fashioned Oatmeal)
- 2 cups of flour (I used tapioca flour but white rice flour or all purpose flour will do)
- 1 apple (peeled and cored) finely shredded
- 4 tablespoons of water or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and form them into dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut out your favorite shapes for the cookies. If you do not have a cookie cutter, don’t worry, use anything that can form a shape.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet. Since there is no leavening agent used, you can put the cookies very close together.
- Bake for 15 minutes. For crunchier cookies, turn off the oven and leave the cookies in there for another 30 minutes.
- Cook cookies on a wire rack
- Store in a seal-tight container
If you like this recipe and want to vote for Chef Riley in the Modern Dog Magazine Dog of the Week Contest, click on the picture below and vote. You can vote once each day.