Protein Free Dog Treat Recipe
So I went to a dog fair today and thought it would be fun to make some treats for the pups that would be at the event. While I did not know it when I was making the treats, when people asked me for the ingredients, a few were delighted that they were “protein-free” because their dogs were allergic to protein. So for anyone looking for a very easy, tasty, protein-free dog treat, this recipe is for you. Kisses to your pups!
- 2 cups of whole oats (old fashioned Oatmeal)
- 2 cups of flour (I used tapioca flour but any flour will do)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of water or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and form them into dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut out your favorite shapes for the cookies. If you do not have a cookie cutter, don’t worry, use anything that can form a shape. Depending on my mood, I will use a dog bone cookie cutter or a screw-off bottle top which will make smaller cookies.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet. Since there is no leavening agent used, you can put the cookies very close together.
- Bake for 15 minutes. For crunchier cookies, turn off the oven and leave the cookies in there for another 30 minutes.
- Cook cookies on a wire rack
- Store in a seal-tight container