Quick Chicken Soup Recipe
As the days get colder, my thoughts always turn to soup. To me, there is nothing like a good bowl of soup after a long hike with the pups. But did you know, your pup might like soup too? I know mine do. I make lots of different soups for my pups but this quick Chicken Soup recipe is a perennial favorite!
- 1 32 ounce box of Chicken Stock (unsalted) or two 16 ounce cans of salt-free chicken stock
- Bite size pieces of chicken. You can use leftovers or I just boil a boneless skinless chicken breast if I do not have leftovers.
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (if your pups don’t like spinach, leave it out)
- Cut up left over chicken into bite sized pieces. If you do not have any leftover chicken, just boil 2 quarts of water and drop in a boneless skinless chicken breast. Cook for 20 minutes. When the chicken is cool, cut it into bite sized pieces
- Pour the stock in a big pot, add chicken and chopped spinach
- Just heat it up. Do not bring it to a boil
- Make sure it is cool enough for your pups and pour it into their bowls
This is a very versatile recipe. I will often add baby carrots and pieces of leftover potato. Get creative. Add whatever you know your dog likes.