Sweet Potato Treats Recipe
This is another easy cookie recipe and a great use for leftover Sweet Potatoes.
Sweet Potato Treats
1 large sweet potato
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup of honey (or to taste)
1 egg, slightly beaten (you can substitute half of a banana)
1 cup flour (your preference)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Place sweet potato in an oven-safe dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool, and peel sweet potato.
If you are using leftovers, start here.
- Cut potato into 1-inch cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey.
- Add sweet potato and egg and mix thoroughly.
- Now add flour and mix well.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a seal-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze them for up to two months.