Turkey Dog Treats Recipe
If you are wondering what to do with that leftover turkey, don’t forget your pups. Most pups like turkey but some may have sensitive tummies and cannot tolerate the turkey “as is”. But adding a bit of leftover turkey to an all natural biscuit is yummy and something your pups will enjoy.
- 1 cup of turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of oatmeal (uncooked)
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a cookie sheet
- Cut the turkey into tiny pieces (or chop in a food processor or blender)
- Chop garlic into tiny pieces (or throw it in the food processor or blender with the turkey)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix into a thick paste. Add more water if needed.
- Spoon out onto cookie sheet to make a drop cookie. Alternatively, you can “flour” your hands and roll some of the mixture into a ball then flatten with the palm of your hand or a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you like a crunchier cookie, turn the oven off and let the cookies sit for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed tight container for up to one-week or freeze for up to two months
- Depending on the size of the “drop”, you will get between 2 and 3 dozen cookies
But remember, if you dog has a sensitive stomach, then these treats may not be for your pup.