Valentine’s Day Liver Lovers Dog Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of rye or all purpose flour
- 2 cups of dry oatmeal
- 1 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup liver powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 300
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add oil, beef broth and egg
- Mix it all together. If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook, just mix on a low speed (setting 2 on a Kitchen Aid mixer) for three minutes. If you are doing it by hand just mix with a spoon and finish off hand kneading.
- Roll dough out and cut cookies into heart shapes
- Bake for 2 hours
- Turn the oven off and let cookies stand for another 2-24 hours to harden.
- Store in seal tight containers for up to three months.
Note: If you do not have a heart shaped cookie cutter, you can buy some here, or just use anything to cut out shapes. Making cookies for your dog is already from the heart so your pups will be happy with the outcome regardless of shape.
Liver powder can be bought in most health food stores or here.