Valentine’s Day Lovers’ Loaf: For Dogs and Their People
Chef Riley has been thinking a lot about Valentine’s Day and wanted to make sure all his ladies had a special meal for the day. So I went through my recipes and came up with something that you can make and share with your pups. I hope you enjoy this as much as mine do.
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced (I use Granny Smith but any apple will do)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 cup of wheat germ
- 1 six-ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a cookie sheet
- With your hands, mix together all items (except the potatoes) in a large bowl.
- Shape the meat into a heart shape. I used a heart shaped mold but you can easily do it with you hands. It is enough to make two loafs.
- Place the potatoes around the loaf
- Bake for 80 minutes
Here is the finished product . Enjoy!