Wheat Free Biscuits Recipe
This is a quick recipe for some tasty homemade treats for dogs that are wheat intolerant.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oatmeal, 3/4 cup of the rye flour, sugar and butter together. Slowly add the milk until a firm but slightly sticky dough forms. Scrape out the dough on a wooden board or counter. Knead in the rest of the rye flour till the dough stiffens a little. Wrap in saran wrap and chill for one hour.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness and then cut into fun shapes.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Let them cool off before feeding to pups.
Store in a seal tight container. Because preservatives are not used they have a shelf life of about two-weeks. (OK I have labs. No cookie last more than two-weeks in my house)